Let’s face it, baby shoes may not be necessary before a child can walk, but baby shoes are absolutely adorable and allow little ones to get used to them by the time they can walk.
In this post, I’m going to discuss my favourite baby shoe brands and some things I’ve learned along the way. #givemeallthebabyshoes
#1. Freshly Picked
#3. First Impressions (Macy’s brand)
#4. Koala Kids (Babies R Us/Toys R Us brand – RIP)
(I will give in-depth reviews another time)
Important things to remember about baby shoes:
- They should be soft and light-weight. Soft soles, soft interior. Hard and heavy shoes can not only hurt a young baby’s foot but also hinder healthy development. You don’t want shoes that are too tight either.
- They should be easy to put on. High tops are absolutely adorable, but what a pain to put on (like the black First Impression Shoes pictured)! Shoes with velcro at the top are often easiest (like the denim First Impressions Shoes).
- Different brands have different sizing. There’s the 0-3, 3-6 sizing, the 0-6 and 6-12 sizing. And then 0, 1, 2, 3… Braveheart never fits into 0-6 month sizes. They’re always too big. He was wearing smaller than a 0 for a long time and then jumped up to a 1. He has tiny feet like his parents.
- Baby feet generally grow very quickly so don’t go crazy buying shoes unless your baby is a slow grower like mine.
- Once a baby is walking, what’s needed in a shoe changes drastically. Companies like Stride Rite offer shoes for healthy foot development in new walkers.
What are your favorite baby shoe brands? Is anyone else as baby shoe obsessed as I am? Feel free to drop your responses in the comments down below.
Thanks for reading!